2020 Virtual Walk-a-thon
The Dahlia Heights PTA walk-a-thon is a fun and fit activity for all of our students. This year, the walk-a-thon will be different, but we guarantee it will be FUN!
Since we can’t gather, we are putting on this year’s walk-a-thon remotely.
For one week, beginning Monday, September 21 and ending Friday, September 25 we are challenging everyone to lace up, and head out for their own socially distanced walks.
You can come up with your own route, or check out the optional routes maps from the walk-a-thon committee, which begin and end at Dahlia Heights.
At the conclusion of the week, the Kona Ice truck will park outside Dahlia from 4:00-7:00 on Friday, September 25, 2020. Come and get a shaved ice, and walk-a-thon badges you earned, and celebrate the culmination of walk-a-thon week. Twenty percent of all shaved ice proceeds from shaved ice sales are donated back to Dahlia!
To encourage and challenge our kids even more – we’re issuing special challenge badges. There are two badges walkers can achieve.
The Summit Badge is for climbing a hill, or set of stairs. Get your quads pumping and take to the incline!
The Dedicated Dove badge is for walking every day of the walk-a-thon. So if you walker goes 5-for-5 they’ll earn the Dedicated Dove badge.
Badges will be distributed at the Kona Ice truck, which will be parked outside Dahlia at the conclusion of the walk-a-thon week,
from 4:00-7:00 on Friday, September 25, 2020.
Any student who walks 1 mile, or further will earn the DOVE LOVE Masked Mile badge!
Find a hill to climb, or a set of stairs – log your walk, and unlock the Summit Badge!
Doves who log a walk all 5 days of the walk-a-thon will earn the Dedicated Dove Walk-a-thon Streak Badge!
Walk-a-thon Theme Days
Wear a Vintage Dahlia T-shirt
The Walk-a-thon will conclude with Shaved Ice, by Kona Ice. Twenty percent of all proceeds from shaved ice sales are donated back to Dahlia! The Kona Ice truck will park outside Dahlia from 4:00-7:00 on Friday, September 25, 2020. We will maintain social distancing. Come and get a shaved ice treat and celebrate the culmination of the walk-a-thon week.
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain social distancing. Even if you see other Doves – wave – but please maintain social distance.
- Pledges are a flat dollar amount, not per walk.
- Donations by cash or check must be turned in to the office no later than Friday, September 25.
- Participants may NOT ask Dahlia Heights teachers or staff for pledges.
- Dahlia PTA is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit, and contributions may be tax-deductible.
- If donating by credit card, collect an e-mail address so we can match donor’s pledge to their name. Also, encourage the person donating to include the student’s name when making the donation.