Effective date: August 1, 2020
Dahlia Heights PTA (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.dahliapta.org website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our site and the choices you have associated with that data.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card information or domain name. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, support assistance, or another site feature.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request, place an order, or access your personal information. These security measures include, but are not limited to: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely, and PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your billing information (credit card numbers, etc.) will NOT be stored on our servers.
Yes (cookies are small files that a site, or its service provider, transfer to your computer’s hard drive through a web browser (if you allow), which enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do We Disclose Any Information To Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with OPPA (the California Online Privacy Protection Act). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
CAN-SPAM Compliance (USA Federal Act Of 2003)
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
Your Consent To This Policy
Future Changes / Modifications
This policy was last modified on: August 7, 2020.