You’re probably here because you paid for something out-of-pocket, and Dahlia PTA owes you a check. Fill out this form, sign it and submit it with all your receipts. See below for more details on how it all works.
Who is involved:
- PTA Board
- PTA Association
- “Spender” – the person who is requesting reimbursement
Steps to follow:
- BUDGET. Budget committee drafts the Budget and the Association votes to adopt the Budget (usually at the first Association meeting of the school year).
- AUTHORIZATION. Spender presents their Plans to the Board and the Board votes to authorize the Plans.
- RELEASE. Association votes to release the funds.
- FORMS and RECEIPTS. Spender submits receipts along with official PTA forms to the Treasurer, either before or after the event:
- BEFORE – use the Form to REQUEST AN ADVANCE: http://downloads.capta.org/toolkit/forms/RequestForAdvancePaymentAuthorization-Fillable.pdf
- AFTER – use the form to REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT: **THIS IS THE FORM MOST PEOPLE USE** http://downloads.capta.org/toolkit/forms/PaymentAuthorizationRequestforReimbursement-12-18-FillableCalculating.pdf
- NOTE: After the event, Committee chair should also fill out the COMMITTEE REPORT FORM: http://downloads.capta.org/toolkit/forms/CommitteeReport.pdf
- APPROVAL. Board votes to approve the payment.
- CHECK ISSUED. The Treasurer writes the check. The check requires two signatures to be valid. The check is given/mailed to the Spender.
- RATIFICATION. Association votes to ratify checks which were already issued. (NOTE: “Ratified” is not the same as “Approval,” just FYI only at this point.)
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 08/09/2022